Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Have one key to open all the doors in your house

Too many keys, to lose and carry around
Hi, now for a small introduction into master key, keyed alike systems, restricted or registered key systems and where these systems can be useful and helpful to many people who would not normally come into contact with or have knowledge of these door lock and key systems.

So ...no need for technical speak or such mumbo jumbo...just practically if you would like to use one key on the back and front doors of your house, well this is very easy to arrange, you install keyed alike locks on the back and front doors. Then one key opens both doors. French windows and double doors cause major heartache when all have differents keys, key them all alike and one key opens all the doors to the house, the cost is usually no more then 15 euro more per door to have keyed alike locks supplied. Fitting can be arranged by us as well.

So what's a master key system in lay man's...well it sort of finding a key to every door!!!! in dwelling house terms a master key will open all the door locks internal and externel of the house.....a sub-master key or servant key will open only a specific door lock, for example a specific bedroom. The house front door in these circumstances would be termed a passing cylinder or lock where each different bedroom key would open the front door and one specific bedroom. So the master key is the only key that opens all doors .....the key to every door....for large organisations master keys are carried by maintenance supervisors and security people.

Restricted or registered keys have a specific number or code on the keys, these keys can only be copied with permission of the building (key and lock) owner at a specific locksmith or supplier.

More soon about grand master key systems, builder's key systems and higher security key systems. We provide them all at trade discounted prices...
Call me on 021 488 3131 or email handlesupplies@gmail.com..remenber we can handle all your door handle and lock problems.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Is the flap off the letter box of you door

...so many people cant find where to buy a new letter box or post box for their door when their existing one is broken, the outside flap off is the most usual fault,
well here's what ...if your letters come in through the door by passing through an outside flap on the exterior side of the door and a second inside flap

you have what is often termed a cassette letter plate, they come in a small number of standard formats and sizes, they are not sold in builders suppliers or DIY stores....they are sold in specialist outlets, such as my store Handle Supplies at Cobh Cross Carrigtwohill, just behind Greenwood Furniture, accross the road from Ballyseedy Home and Garden Store.

Get your new letter box or letter plate quickly and easily, visit www.handlesupplies.com
call 021 4883131...your ugly broken letter box is soon sorted....call me ...John ..for advice